Discovery Bay Hotel Limited ("the Company") is committed to protecting your privacy.
Types of Data Collected
When you visit our website at www.aubergediscoverybay.com, the website may place “cookie” in your computer's browser to collect your personal identification data such as name, HKID card number / passport number, email address, address, telephone number, credit card number and other relevant information to realize your preferences. Failure to supply such data may result in the Company's being unable to provide its services to you.
Purposes for which data are used
The purposes for which we may use the data collected or to be collected by the Company are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If the data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, you MUST provide the data to the Company if you want the Company to provide the services for which you are applying. If the data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, the Company will obtain your consent and you can tell the Company not to use the data for that purpose and we will not do so.
Purposes for which it is obligatory for you to provide the data are:-
- handling and following up enquiries and matters related hereto;
- identifying the winners' or customers' identity when collecting the winning prizes or gifts from the Company;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under requirements of any law binding on the Company;
- to process your requests or enquiries;
- to process and complete transaction requested by you;
- designing new or enhancing existing services provided by us for guests’ use;
- to administer and enforce the rules of contests, sweepstakes, promotions and games offered by us and/or the terms of our commercial dealings;
- for our internal business and administrative purposes;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes and to meet requirements imposed by law or for claims-related purposes;
- for safety or security purposes;
- to ensure ongoing credit worthiness of you;
- to determine amounts owed to or by you;
- to enforce your obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from you and those providing security for you;
- purposes relating thereto.
Purposes for which it is only voluntary for you to provide the data are:-
- sending to you direct marketing, promotional information and/or materials and/or offers and news of hotel’s products and services,
- sending you our future marketing purposes and/or joint promotion with our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates or in conjunction with products/services offered by our affiliates or business partners; and
- conducting customer and service surveys.
Notice for Direct Marketing
We intend to use your personal data including your name, address, telephone numbers, email and other contact information collected for marketing communications such as direct-mail, email, telephone calls and SMS containing news, promotions, offers, events to be offered by us or by our business partners or future marketing purposes and/or joint promotion with our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates or in conjunction with products/services offered by our affiliates or business partners in relation to the following classes of products and services: accommodation, travel, transportation, retail, food and beverage, credit cards, financial and investment services, wedding and banquet, conference and event, real estate, entertainment, publications, fashion and jewellery, leisure and sports, health and wellness, spa and body care, telecommunications, social networking, media and public relations.
We may not use your personal information for direct marketing without your consent. If you do not allow and agree us to use the data for the voluntary purposes including direct marketing as listed above, please tick the opt-out checkbox when you fill in an online form on the booking engine and any other documents (if applicable).
You may also opt-out from receiving any of our information and services at any time, free of charge. We provide the following opt-out channels for you to unsubscribe from receiving any or all of the above classes of products and services (please specify):-
Please address to:-
Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong
88 Siena Avenue, Discovery Bay
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Marketing Communications Department
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name
You will be removed from our mailing list within SEVEN days upon our receipt of your request.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Data held by the Company relating to you will be kept confidential. In cases where the Company do collect the data from you, we will:
- where relevant, give you the opportunity to “opt out” (that is to restrict the uses the Company will make of such data);
- tell you how the Company will store the data and how you can review, change and delete the data the Company has stored.
The Company may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such data to the following parties:
- any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of the Company;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to the Company, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies in connection with the operation of their business;
- any credit reference agencies, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies; and
- any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies and has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to:
- check whether the Company holds any personal data relating to you and the right of access to such data;
- require the Company to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain the Company's policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Request for access and correction of data and the kinds of data held should be addressed in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Auberge Discovery Bay Hong Kong
88 Siena Avenue, Discovery Bay, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
You may also request the Company to delete the data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address or email the Company marking your communication “Confidential”.
The Company may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your information. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.